Tuesday, January 13, 2009

La Laguna de Apoyo

After a few bus changes, one of which forced me to be that last person jumping in and half-hanging through the ride, I got myself to the Monkey Hut, a small but gorgeous hostel above the Apoyo Lagoon. The two dread-head Argentinians who run this cabin-looking place in th middle of the most green vegetation right above the lagoon welcomed me into this relaxed and exotic environment stirred up by the tunes of Bob Marley.
Half of the day I spent hours laying on the dock, laying on the tube and laying on my favorite hammock on the large terrace. Laying.
The water was incredibly warm as the bottom of the lagoon is volcano residue from the latest eruption by Mombacho high above. As disturbing as that should sound, I was simply pleased to be able to remain in the water for hours and not get a chill or a goose-bump.

The previously empty dorm was filled when I got back inside with the oddest yet funnest crowd. Though their travels, Kat, Dave and Trev (young fellow Canadians) met Melissa and Beau (young in spirit, wife and husband from Ohio and Australia) and naturally stuck together for visiting the lagoon. The perfect company to spend a few days with in this middle-of-nowhere paradise. Cooking, playing cards, tubing, night swimming, writing, fixing drinks...The two days went by quite quickly. I enjoyed myself immensely, resulting in my last night spent on my hammock, being woken up by the sunrise for work :) The buses back to Granada were the same loud and overflowing story, while my attention span at work was at a minimal.

Another weekend vacation would be the way to go after what I expect to be another 8am-6pm working days week. I have so much to get done--pictures of the workers and the products due as soon as possible, inventory matching, stories and descriptions writing...I hope to post the website as soon as all items are in, and Zach finishes the layout.

Well, my book and my hammock outside are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment